38th Annual North Carolina State Chili Cook off
Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19, 2019
Inviting all vendors – food, craft, merchandise, commercial and handcrafted as well as non-profits.
Only those individuals who complete all necessary paperwork indicated on the application and receive approval by the HCF Committee will be allowed to display and sell.
Booth Spaces for Food Vendors
· 10x20 Commercial meal items $400 (hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, Lumpia)
· 10x20 Commercial snack items $300 (popcorn, cotton candy, ice cream, shaved ice)
· 10x20 Non-Profit $200 (any food items sold)
Booth Spaces for Merchandise Vendors
· 10x10 Non-Profit $75
· 10x10 Commercial $100
· 10x20 Commercial $200
· 20x20 Commercial $400
· 20x30 Commercial $600
· 30x30 Commercial $1125
· 40x40 Commercial $1600
· 60x60 Commercial $2700
· 80x80 Commercial $3200
Booth Space for Non-Profit Vendors
· 10x10 Literature Only $75
Tents, tables, chairs, electrical cords, etc. will NOT be provided.
Booth spaces are assigned by the HCF Vendor Committee. There is no guarantee of receiving a particular or requested booth location. Once the assignment of the vendor booths is made, no changes will be made.
· Food vendors, ride operators, face painters among others, must provide a certificate of insurance that lists the Havelock Chili Festival and the City of Havelock as an additional insured.
· The HCF reserves the right to ask a vendor to discontinue the sale of an inappropriate item on during the festival. Food Vendors will be inspected prior to the festival’s beginning each day by a representative of the Craven County Health Department and must comply with all requirements to receive a Food Handling Permit.
· The 2019 Havelock Chili Festival will operate on Friday, October 18 from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Saturday, October 19 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Awards@4:30
· Booth participation is optional for Friday Night. Booths are required to stay open on Saturday from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. If necessary, you will be allowed to shut your booth during festival hours HOWEVER no vendors will be allowed to breakdown and physically leave the festival prior to the 5:00 pm closing time. Vehicles must remain off the field until festival attendees have exited. This provision is for the safety of the other vendors, festival attendees, and participants as well as the Chili Festival Committee.
· Set up can begin after 9:00 am on Friday and must be completed and all vehicles off the field by 4:00 pm. Set up can begin on Saturday at 7:00 am and must be completed and all vehicles off the field by 9:00 am. Only ONE vehicle will be allowed per vendor on the field to set up. If vendor does not comply with these guidelines, the vendor will be asked to leave and no refund of fees will be given. This provision is for the safety of the other vendors, festival attendees, and participants as well as the Chili Festival Committee.
· Vendors will check-in at the tent located next to Walter B. Jones Park.
· Vendors will receive space assignments at that time.
· No generators are allowed at the 2019 Havelock Chili Festival.
· 120v Electricity is available for an additional fee and must be indicated on your Vendor Application. Vendors must provide own UL approved 10 gauge, 20 amp extension cord, 200’ minimum. Electrical cords and appliances must be in excellent condition. The HCF reserves the right to immediately shut down any vendor whose equipment and/or electrical cords appear to be substandard or unsafe.
· A limited amount of power outlets are available for vendors and are provided on a first come basis.
· No direct water source is provided. However, a water spout is available on site.
· Any gray water must be disposed in the gray water barrels provided. If a vendor is observed disposing of gray water in the restrooms or the ground, they will be asked to shut down booth operations and may return at the end of the festival to pack their belongings.
· Disposal of used cooking oil in gray water barrels is strictly prohibited.
· Vendor agrees to clean area of festival grounds at conclusion of Chili Festival using the provided dumpsters; this includes but is not limited to: zip ties, by products of food preparations, etc. If a vendor leaves their assigned area in any other condition than prior to set up, the vendor application will not be accepted in future Havelock Chili Festivals and the Chili Festival Committee will invoice vendor for cleaning services.
· Food vendors must make arrangements to transport any used cooking oil away from festival grounds. If vendor is observed disposing of cooking oil on the festival grounds or in gray water barrels, the vendor will be asked shut down booth operations and may return at the end of the festival to pack their belongings.
· NO VENDORS ARE ALLOWED TO SELL LEMONADE.
· All vendors are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner when interacting with festival goers, fellow vendors and festival organizers.
· Aggressive and inappropriate conduct and/or contact with festival goers or festival volunteers will be addressed by representatives of the HCF Planning Committee and the City of Havelock Police Department if necessary. Vendors failing to modify their conduct or behavior accordingly will be asked to shut down booth operations and may return at the end of the festival to pack their belongings.
· No alcohol is allowed in any city parks per city ordnance
Upon receipt of your application and payment your application will be reviewed and approved by the Havelock Chili festival Committee and you will receive a confirmation.