Please note our new email address: HavelockChiliCommittee@outlook.com
In our quest to improve the Havelock Chili Festival, the Havelock Chili Committee is adding the Shortway Chilifest Beer Garden this year, serving from noon to 4!
Special thanks to Shortway Brewing Co., celebrating their 6th anniversary this week, for sponsoring the Beer Garden.
Four of Shortway's locally-brewed beers will be available:
• Down East IPA
• Lookout Blonde
• Sandy White Peaches
We're excited to offer this addition to our 41st Annual Havelock Chili Festival and we're looking forward to seeing you all there Saturday, Oct. 21st from 10am to 6pm!
Come on out Saturday, Oct. 21st, 10am to 6pm to the Havelock Chili Festival sponsored by MainStreet Family Care - Havelock! It’ll be a day of great entrainment! Check out this year's line-up!
10:35 - 12:15am
Joe Baes Music
12:30 - 12:45pm
White's ATA Martial Arts Academy Demo Team
12:45 - 2:45pm
Car Show Winners Announced
Amp'd Up Fitness - Zumba
4:00 - 5:00pm
2nd Marine Aircraft Wing Band - Popular Music Group
Chili Competition Winners Announced
NEW THIS YEAR!
Demonstrations are scheduled for 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm. Come see these beautiful dogs and their handlers show off their impressive training!
The Havelock Chili Festival is taking place Saturday, October 21, 2023 from 10am to 6pm at Walter B Jones Park in the center of Havelock. There is no admission price. Free entertainment will provided throughout the day from music to K9 demonstrations to community performances.
NEW THIS YEAR!
We've heard your feedback and we've changed how we're selling chili samples.
• Patrons will be able to buy a $10 wristband at the Chili Wristband Sales Tent located at the center of the field. The wristband will entitle the wearer to unlimited sampling of chili. You may only receive one sample at a time. If you would like another sample, you will need to return to the back of the line.
• If you do not have a wristband secured on your wrist, you will not receive a chili sample. Torn or cut wristbands will not be accepted.
• Sampling will begin at noon and continue until chili runs out. One sample is a 2oz cup of chili.
• We will have a status board at the Chili Wristband Sales Tent tracking which booths have chili available and which have sold out.
• We will be taking credit cards. However please be aware that connectivity problems may arise. A 4% Convenience fee will apply to all transactions.
• We hope you'll join us and sample as much delicious chili as you can!
Some of the best competitors come from the areas will be competing on the International Chili Society-santioned NC State Chili Cook-Off. Your $10 wristband entitles you to sample any booth's chili, including the ICS cooks.
Save your wristband. When you are done sampling, return to the Chili Wristband Sales Tent and drop it in your favorite Booth's container. Be sure to vote by 4pm for your voice to count.
Along with our Chili booths, you will find food vendors cooking up an assortment of tasty foods.
We have a wide variety of vendors offering something for everyone, from nonprofit groups to crafters to artisanstocommercial vendors.
While parking is free, it is limited. Festivalgoers can park at Havelock Elementary School, Havelock Middle School, and surrounding parking areas. We do have a limited number of Handicapped parking spaces. The lot is marked and volunteers will direct you.
There will be two (2) ATM machines located at the Chili Wristband Sales Tent.
While we are all pet lovers, personal pets and other animals are not permitted at the Havelock Chili Festival,
per City Ordinance. Service animals are welcome.